The vision is to build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social uplift of the down-trodden masses of our nation as a movement.
The National Service Scheme has been functioning with the motto “NOT ME BUT YOU” in view of making the youth inspired in service of the people and hence NSS Aims Education through Community Service and Community Service through Education.
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony
SANSKRITHI SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
NSS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
National Service Scheme unit of the college is institutionalized under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India. The functional objective of the unit is to motivate students to indulge in Nation building activities, through various events and projects which are aimed towards the benefit of in and around people. These activities inculcate belongingness to each other and service attitude to society with self-satisfaction.
NSS wing of SSE, Puttaparthi is affiliated to NSS JNTU Anantapur.
|Unit||Volunteers||Programming Officer I/C|
|Unit – I||50 Boys & Girls||Mr. Anil Kumar TN|
The above unit volunteer and Programming Officer are working in collaboration with NSS committee. The NSS wing always interacting with Programme Coordinator, NSS JNTUA University.
Aims and Objectives:
- Understand the community needs and articulating the students’ relation for the societal development work.
- Inculcate spirit of nobility along with academic interest.
- Identify the problems and requirements of the community and taking proper steps to solve them.
- Work for upbringing social solidarity and harmony in and around the community.
- Gain skills for mobilizing community welfare programmes through active participation at the state level.
- Develop and nurturing strong will power, endurance and foresightedness to face emergencies and natural disasters.
- Stimulate national integration and social harmony among youth through the exemplification of leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
Duties of the Program Officer:
- He/She will plan NSS regular activities and special camping programme.
- The programme officer will ensure that NSS volunteers complete the prescribed hours in regular activities and participate in special camping programme as per requirements.
- He/She will divide the BSS unit into different groups and assign the definite task and targets and projects to each group.
- He/She will supervise the work of NSS volunteers.
- He/She will maintain the necessary records and registers prescribed by programme coordinator of the university.
- He/She will ensure that the basic aims of NSS programme i.e. personality development of NSS volunteers, interaction of the different classes of the society take place harmoniously and the NSS volunteers and community are benefitted from the activities of NSS unit.
- He/She will be responsible for the equipment and stores purchased out of NSS funds. He/She will hand over the charge of NSS equipment and stores to his/her successor at the end of his/her tenure.
- He/She will spend the NSS grants as per administrative and financial directives of NSS programme coordinator.
- He/She will submit the reports to the NSS regional center periodically, programme coordinator, NSS state liason officer and TORC/TOC.
- He/She will ensure the submission of accounts in time.
- He/She will liase with the officials of the department of NSS projects and activities.
- He/She will convene the meeting of the college advisory committee in consultation with the Principal of the institution as laid down in the NSS manual.
NSS volunteers generally work with villages and voluntary agencies to complete 120 hours of regular activities during an academic year. As per the fundamental principles of National Service Scheme, a volunteer is expected to remain in constant touch with the community. Hence, it is of vital importance that a particular village/slum is selected for implementation of NSS programmes. As the NSS volunteer is to live with the members of the community and learn from their experience during his/her tenure in NSS, the village/slum should be carefully selected for adoption by NSS unit.
- Adoption of Villages
Adoption of a village and area is a very meaningful programme in NSS. It is far better to concentrate attention on one village and take up the task for development perspective, than to fritter away energy in many locations involving too many activities which may not be completed at all or where the follow up action may not be possible. From this point of view, village adoption programme should ensure continuity of work vice versa sustained action, evaluation and follow up work. We have adopted BEEDUPALLI Village located behind the campus and we do Swatch Bharath Every 6 months once.
- Regular Events:
- List of International and National Days/Weeks to be Observed by National Service Scheme
|12th||National Youth Day|
|March||8th||International Women Day|
|April||7th||World Health Day|
|31st||World No Tobacco Day|
|June||5th||World Environment Day|
|July||11th||World Population Day|
|8th||International Literacy Day|
|1st||National Blood Donation Day|
|2nd||Communal Harmony Day|
|November||19th||National Integration Day|
|1st||World AIDS Day|
|10th||World Human Rights Day|
|January||12th -19th||National Youth Week|
|July||8th – 14th||International Literacy week|
- Blood Donation Camps
- Plantation Programs
- Swatch- Bharat Camps
- Organizing and Participate in Rails with Govt. or NGO Collaborations
- Making Short Dramas at nearby Villages on Awareness like Literacy, Health, HIV, New Government Schemes etc.
- Health Camps
Future Events to be done
- Green Campus – Environment Programmes
- Energy Conservation Programmes
- First-Aid Training
- Awareness on Organ Donation
- Enhance awareness campaigns against social evils
NSS Advisory Committee Member List
|Sl No||Name of the Faculty||Department||Responsibilities||Phone Numbers||Mail ID’s|
|1||Dr. Senthil Kumar||Principal||Convenerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Mr. Anil Kumar TN||Assistant Professor & PRO||Program Officeremail@example.com|
|3||Ms. Vijayasree||Department of HR||Supporterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr. Mithun Reddy||P&T Officer||Supporter||9100974530||Mithun.email@example.com|
List of Student Coordinators
|Sl No||Name of the Student||Roll No||Responsibility||Phone Number||Mail ID’s|
|1||Mr. Bharath Kumar||15KF1A0216||Student Coordinator||9000780416||Bharathsaru1997@gmail.com|
|2||Ms. Kalyani||15KF1A0427||Student Inchargefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Mr. Bhanu Prakash Reddy||15KF1A0312||Volunteer||9912026461||Bhanuprakashreddy133@gmail.com|
|5||Mr. Arun Sai||15KF1A0512||Voulnteeremail@example.com|
|7||Mr. Kalyan Kumar Reddy||15KF1A0130||Volunteer||8096816899||Kalyanreddy.firstname.lastname@example.org|