Communication Core Skills – The Essentials
- Communication is always Individual
- Communication Happens whether you think about it or not
- A lot of stuff will get in the way of Effective Communication
- Good communication can lead to Conflict Resolution
- Slowly and incrementally you can improve your Communication Skills
- We’re Not All The Same
- Everyone communicates differently and sees the world differently
Change Yourself to Change Others
When we start to look at communication, it becomes immediately apparent that the way you present yourself is not all there is to it.
The greatest skill you can have in order to instantly and significantly improve your communications skills is to understand the other person’s point of view and how they see the world. If you understand their point of view then you can adjust your own communication to take their point of view into account.
The only person you can be sure of changing in any communication is you. Therefore, the most effective way to be in charge of what happens in any communication dynamic is changing what you do. When you can do this you are well on the way to promoting better relationships.
You are the Only One of You
There’s never one right way to communicate. Authentic effective communication always happens when we rely on those things we know to be true about or for ourselves. Remember your personal style probably says more for you that all the words you use can.